Powered by Blogger

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from isaacarnquist. Make your own badge here.

    Pepy Ride

    Sumo

    Ueno Village

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Falling for Fall

Fall is my favorite season. My birthday is in the fall. Football is in the fall. Basketball starts in the fall. Thanksgiving is in the fall. But most importantly, the outdoors are absolutely breathtaking in the fall. Cool crisp air and reds, oranges, and yellows always seem to liven up the surroundings, which fell asleep during the long, hot summer days.
















Groves of trees which you hadn't even noticed before are now getting more attention than a cute puppy or the big package under the Christmas tree with your name on it. The surrounding mountains here are so colorful that I am beginning to run out of adjectives to describe them. I am now resorting to "Oh wow, I'm in Heaven" and giggling like a little school girl. I don't know if it is Japan, the mountains surrounding me, or all the different species of trees giving different shades of red, but this has been the most beautiful fall I can remember. It is amazing but at the same time I keep wishing I could share these beautiful fall days with someone else. Instead, I am just resorting to posting a few pictures on my blog. Enjoy!

















This is one of those lame senior picture poses. You know what I'm talking about.

This is a view from atop a nearby mountain in Ueno. You can't see many colors, but all-in-all the view ain't to shabby.

If you look closely, you can see me and Ashlee's shadows in the valley down below. If you look even closer, it looks like she is trying to push me in. Good thing for my sake that she's not very strong. Ha.

This is a picture of beautiful Uenomura. I am actually pointing at the teacher's dormitory, where I live. As you can tell from the euphoric (and unrehearsed) expression on my face, Uenomura is the place to be. Seriously.

You would think that me being from Minnesota--Land of 10,000 Lakes--I wouldn't get too excited over seeing a lake. Well, Japan is home to about 5 or 6 lakes.

3 Comments:

Blogger court said...

glad to see the beautiful fall colors somewhere... i know they're not in india :o)

i always knew you had good taste, and now it's just solidified because fall is your favorite season.

thinking of fall makes me want a giant fireside orchard apple and some cider. maybe there will be some in cambodia.

all my love,
court

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

In your "senior" picture your legs look really skinny. I dont know why. Maybe its the angle. Did you lose weight? Or did your upper body get fatter?
;)

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashlee shared your site with us---augie is reading now and he loved it---just kidding about the reading part!! Glad to see that things are going well for you---I agree with jessica you do look thinner in that "senior" shot!! We miss you and can't wait to see you again--angela, david and august

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home