Powered by Blogger

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from isaacarnquist. Make your own badge here.

    Pepy Ride

    Sumo

    Ueno Village

Friday, September 29, 2006

Homeward Bound


After 14 months, to say I am looking forward to setting foot on American soil would be an understatement. Endorphins are buzzing around my brain like bees around the hive. Family. Friends. Food. Over-sized everything. Gluttony (yes, I know it is one of the evil sins). Pizza without corn and ketchup on it. Boat rides. Spices other than salt. Fast English. Not speaking slowly. Twins. Vikes. Celebrating with friends. Radio. My dad's sermons. My mom's cooking. My parents conversation. Hugs. The thrill of driving on the "wrong" side of the road. Two letters: TV. Mexican food. Comedy. Mom's meatloaf. Dad's stories. Microbrews. 4-wheeler rides. My cat. Sit-down toilets. A bed! Re-energizing myself. Not hitting my head on things. Sharing. Listening. Talking. Understanding. Picking on my older brother. Sassing my sis. Being home. Catching up.

8 Comments:

Blogger Inge said...

I've been reading your blog for a while and can highly recommend a return to the homeland to shake off any negative Japan vibes (if you have those at least). I recently returned to Europe for 6 weeks & what a joy to be amongst all things familiar :-). Enjoy! Greetings from Fukuoka

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IZE!!!
I went outside about 2:15 p.m. to see if I could find your plane flying over, but didn't!!! Wish I could reach you now (8:10 p.m. on Friday) to say "welcome to the USA"!!! I love you to pieces!!!! Can't wait to see you on Sunday. M. OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PHONE HOME!!!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger court said...

got to say i am happy for you. and a bit jealous of a return to the goodness that is the u.s. of a. enjoy it, my friend.

c

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

My favorite thing you said you'd miss is mexican food. HAHAHA!!! GO AMERICA! We have the best mexican food in the world!

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I-Suck. When are you leaving? Are you coming back?
Would be great to see you before I fly back to Aus.
I leave on the 17th.
gemma

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear Isaac,
I have a kid in my show named Zeke. When he walks in the room I sing "Super Zeke a super ZEKE" and alas I think of you, the superest Freak I know. I must see you. You are too close...yet sooo far away. Call me. 320-491-6823....or becuase you are a lamo without a phone just call my home 320-524-...I just realized I don't know my own number...we moved. Look up Pat Shea. That was a whole lot of personal info I gave out...uh-oh UH-OH!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. that was me, Larissa PAT SHEA...I figured you could figure it out, but then a thought hit me "would if he can't" so there you are.

Sincerely,
Larissa

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Eastern Cultural Junkie.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home