Powered by Blogger

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from isaacarnquist. Make your own badge here.

    Pepy Ride

    Sumo

    Ueno Village

Monday, June 18, 2007

Finding Peace on an Active Volcano

There were moments in my life when I thought I was most definitely an extrovert. I would feel so alive and recharged when I was active with others. Then, I slowly but surely realized the importance of alone time. The flip-flopping began. Extroversion inverted to introversion. The prefix jury is still out on what 'version' I am. However, I have my own theory.

I am eco-verted. Nature is my sanctuary. Nothing makes me feel more alive. I don't know what it is. Chemicals are balanced. Perceptions are positive. Deadlines are forgotten. Celebrations are remembered. Whatever it is, it clicks.

Enid, Justin, and I hiked Mount Asama (click here for previous story about this mountain) last weekend. It was the best hike of my life. The rainy season took the weekend off and allowed blue skies the chance to wash blues away. We could see the snow-capped peaks of all the major mountain ranges in Japan, roughly 30,000 rice paddies, and were even able to take some photos without having powerlines in the background.

Life is good when you are on the edge of a volcano, you can see how far you've come, and you're in your environment, even with the occasional hallucinogenic huff and puff of volcanic exhaust.

4 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

nice pics..i need to start climbing mountains rather than driving up them in my car...we haven't had much of a rainy season thus far here on the west siiiide...

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Why are you always wearing pink?!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Izzy said...

pink brings out the color in my eyes.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Eenie said...

I love this post, I love this hike, I love the "rainy" season, and I love it when you wear pink!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home