Powered by Blogger

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from isaacarnquist. Make your own badge here.

    Pepy Ride

    Sumo

    Ueno Village

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

In the Shadows


Whenever I find myself on a peak in Japan, I usually recite all of the surrounding peaks on the horizon ("There's Asama....there's Myogi....there's the Northern Alps, Central Alps, and Southern Alps!"). As I spin my head round, with jaw muscles relaxed and mouth agape, I secretly wish to finish with "And there's Fuji!". However, despite easily being the tallest mountain in Japan, it is often hidden behind the smog of thousands of Toyotas and a thick cloud-woven halo. It makes it that much more spectacular when you actually do see it.


After hiking and camping in Tokyo (Yes, see above. That is what a campsite in Tokyo looks like), we hopped in my black bomber with snow tires removed, and headed toward the pure white snow of Fuji. The mission: to climb a neighboring mountain of Fuji for a (fingers-crossed) awesome view. Below, is what we saw.


7 Comments:

Blogger court said...

i like the one where it looks like you are licking mt. fuji. it's funny. and reminds me of ice cream. yummy.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

This post would have been a lot cooler if you had actually climbed the Fuj (pronounced Fooj). Yes, I just called it the Fuj.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. The mountain, not you.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Izzy said...

dear jessica,

i climbed the fuj in september of 2005. please see here for more details:

http://isaacarnquist.blogspot.com/2005/09/mount-fuji-fied.html

booya,
isaac

9:42 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

My bad. Still not impressed.

Jeff Corwin is only the smartest, funniest, sexiest, herpetologist that ever lived!!

Go here for more details:
http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/jeffcorwin/jeffcorwin.html

Oh and the job is great!! Sometimes we get to travel so if I'm ever in TX I'll look you up!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Eenie said...

This is kind of weird, but I was just checking out your new profile photo and I think you kind of look like that horse head. Maybe it's the eyes?

8:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that first picture is amazing...

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home