Powered by Blogger

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from isaacarnquist. Make your own badge here.

    Pepy Ride

    Sumo

    Ueno Village

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Goodbye Pictures, Hello Video

Alas! I figured out how to add videos to my blog! Note: all of these videos were taken with my puny digital camera, thus the longevity of each movie is similar to the average lifespan of mayflies in Minnesota on a January day. So with out further adieu, here they are:



View from my balcony on a stormy summer's day.



Atop of a tower in Uenomura (my village). Note: I learned later that I wasn't supposed to be up there.



This was taken at the top of Mount Fuji while waiting for the sun to rise.



Note: I am not acting in this video. All of it was unscripted and genuine. It was cold. So cold that my lips froze solid in a smile as I witnessed the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen. (this is mainly because I refuse to get up early)



Have you seen the movie "Lost in Translation?" If you have, this should look familiar. The busiest pedestrian crossing in the world. It's in a part of Tokyo called Shibuya...I pronounce it Shi-BOOYA!!!



The largest fish market in the world! Note: the freshest sushi is served just across the street! Don't tell PETA about this video.



Monkey Onsen! This was taken in Nagano...there were hundreds of monkeys!



Uenomura Sports Day! AMAZING!



Cambodia. This is a tuk tuk. A tuk tuk is basically a glorified rickshaw being pulled by a motorcycle rather than a human or bicycle. I like the name "tuk tuk."



Cambodia temple running. I am trying to make it seem like I am being chased by indigenious people. Strange...why are the words indigenous and ingenius so closely related?



Greta and I went to a famous shrine (or was it temple?) in Tokyo. This is us being culturally insensitive. Sorry mom and dad. It was Greta's idea!



Take II on Greta and Isaac's culturally insensitive visit to the famous shrine/temple.



Ashlee and I's descent down "Death Mountain."


Well, that ends the first installment of videos. I know some of them were weird, but I was going for artistic style and filmography points. Until next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Larson said...

I am totally, I mean totally frustrated. I cannot make the videos work, so all I get is the teaser captions. GRRRRR.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hey the videos worked for me too finally!! I just have one thing to say: SUPERB NARRATION in all of them. Here is just a sampling:

"Theres a monkey, monkey"
"Tuk tuk, tuk tuk"

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home